How not to quit part 2
Last week I took a fun break to spend time with my family for thanksgiving it was fabulous but I missed you (my awesome audience and I could not wait to get back)
So its holiday time! The end of a great year and all of a sudden we can find ourselves in a holiday vacuum of buying, over spending, and looking forward the next year. Does this sound like you? What do you do with these last 30 days? Are they a wash? Do you start again in 30 days and say I have New Year I will accomplish more then? A very wise woman I know recently posted wrote a post about finishing strong in the last 30 days of the year. This stuck me because I looked at all of the things that I started and stopped this year and I sat and said to myself what it that I want to count for 2013? I stopped being a part of the wrong relationship; I tried all kinds of new things for my dieting quest, I started blogging yay! In the last 30 days of 2013 what do I really want accomplish? Now it’s 28ish, there is still plenty of time to finish strong am make substantial progress on a goal or start a new one.
If you feel anything like I have in the past you feel guilty for not accomplishing what you wanted to. There is pressure to make a declaration that you will change and you don’t. Besides it’s the holiday season a reason to celebrate not to dig deep. I am challenging myself to change my thinking and see life in a new way. I go back to my favorite scripture “This is the day that the lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! Ps 118:24
This is what I see in this scripture:
- This is the day… Everyday counts not your future days but the days that are here right now
- So start or restart your goals now!
- …that the Lord made: this day has been handcrafted for you…this day counts
- Let go of the guilt of the past and keep pressing
- ….and I will
- God is giving me a choice I can choose my next action
- God gave me a choice I and choose to rejoice Joy comes from what you know not how you feel
- ….And be glad in it!
- With my choice I get to choose me feelings. I am not subject to whatever emotions come up.
With this day will you make it count? Will you choose to be bold and restart old goals with a new mindset? Will you press in these last 30 days? Will you press past your emotions and live the life you deserve?
My goals over the next 29 days write my 1st book and lose 10 pounds!
What are yours goals? Tell me and I will enter you in drawing for a gift card!
- Related content
- Treadmill Hill Repeats and My December Goals (absgoldberg.wordpress.com)