Congratulations you made it to 2014
Today is the 1st Monday of the year!!!! YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! How excited are you? Well I would say some of you are not excited about today. I was checking the Facebook status of a few friends of mine that have been on vacation and they were dreading going back to work. My question is why? Why are you going to a job that you are unhappy with. I can hear some of you saying “I have to go to work I’ve got bills.” You’re right bills must be paid and obligations must be met but why not do the work that you love? Why not do work that inspires you and makes you feel excited about Monday’s.
You were not born to almost get by until the day you die. You were born to live a life of purpose where you are doing work that matters to you. So if you are dreading your Monday keep in mind there are 51 more Monday’s in 2014. Are you going to be miserable 51 more times? Did you know that there are more heart attacks on Monday that any other day of the week. Don’t let stress kill your heart and make you unhappy. I have never had a heart attack but I can relate to having a job that makes you hate Monday’s. A few years ago I had a job that was not a fit for me, this job made me feel unproductive. Every Sunday night I had a stomach ache I hated Monday. I had friends that loved their jobs and they were productive. I was angry about my life and I wanted to have a job that made me happy. Until I changed my attitude I made no progress. When I was ready to go to the next level I did two things to help me to get to the place that I desired to be : I made an investment in my dreams and started speaking to my future.
How do you make an investment in your dream:
You have to define your dream: What are you supposed to be doing in your life? Why were you born?
- Check out my post on for help with this: http://wp.me/p40mzT-1t
Once you know your dream: You must make an investment in your Dream!
- Start by finding someone who is doing what you want to do and get to know them. If you want to be a lawyer, find a lawyer that is practicing the type of law you want to practice and do an informational interview.Offer to take that person to lunch on you. (You must make an investment)
- Go back to school or get the knowledge that you need to make the changes necessary. (You must make an investment)
- Never be afraid to do something unconventional like take an internship in a new field . (You must make an investment)
- How bad do you really want to change? If you really want to change you have to think outside of the box!
Speak into your future: I love my current job I spoke it into existence years before I had it. A few years ago I made a list of everything that I wanted in a job; the type of boss in wanted, work schedule, benefits, leadership and growth opportunities. I wrote down everything that was important to me at the time. I would look at my list and say out loud daily I will work in the job of my dreams. You have to have it in your heart before you have it in the natural.
- Make a write or type list of what you want in your dream job. Post up your list in different places all over your house and say daily I see myself walking into my dream job.
- Dress for where you are going not where you are. You are going to be promoted you have act like it.
- Stay positive. No matter how you feel speak to your future not your past.
Anytime I give advice please know that I have done what I am asking you to do. I have taken an internship (for almost no money and worked 2 jobs to make up the difference). I have networked with new people to learn more. I have taken people to lunch, coffee, tea, dinner to gain insight. I currently working full time I have a business and I am in graduate school. I am always surrounding myself with people who are go getters. I use my confessions of faith I speak into my future. It works you just have to try it!
Don’t let your feelings determine your faith. You are going to be promoted, you will walk into the next level of success believe that no matter what you see!!!!